Our client is a Global Investment Bank that is currently investing heavily in its Australian financial markets business. This has led to the creation of multiple software engineering roles for lead / seasoned java developers with experience working in low latency, multithreaded, highly complex environments.
The positions are to work in the high frequency trading area involved in providing the applications that give the bank a competitive edge. Their systems strength is defined by its low latency and resilience which requires lean innovative coding with a constant focus on the business product outcomes. The team works is an agile environment with frequent releases requiring strong code delivery. You will be responsible for developing high performing trading apps and giving technical leadership toward best coding practice.
· Strong Java Development Experience – Core and Web (min 7yrs)
· Experience on High Performance, Multithreaded Systems
· Agile Development Experience
· Financial Markets Trading Experience
· Understanding of Multiple Asset Class products
· Knowledge of Open Source Distributed DBMS – Cassandra (Desirable)
· Full Australian Working Rights
This role would be suited for people coming from a financial markets trading background as a software engineer or a programmer from a similar highly structured, low latency environment.