Systems Development Engineer - Amazon Web Services - RDS
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Systems Development Engineer - Amazon Web Services - RDSAre you passionate about building great software, working with smart and motivated software engineers, and solving incredible technical challenges? Then this opportunity is for you! The AWS Database Services team is looking for Systems Development Engineers for our offices in Sydney, Australia
We're looking for true "Dev" and "Ops" people. Some of these people might have come from a traditional "Sys Admin" role, but have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and the ability to dive deep into code to find and fix issues, as well as building their own software systems that are more than just scripts. Other candidates could be Software Engineers who have a passion for not just building software, but seeing it all the way through the lifecycle into production, and then owning the day-to-day operations of a deployed system.
Regardless of your background, the ideal person will be passionate about building and running large scale services, will have experience with software engineering, Linux server administration, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Minimum 5 years experience in either technical support or software development
• Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Development experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (such as Java, Ruby, Python, C++/C#)
• Experience with running / troubleshooting Linux-based servers (any distro)
• Understanding of key networking concepts such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), OSI model, DNS
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
• Knowledge of commercial relational databases like Oracle and SQLServer
• Experience with AWS (EC2 and VPC)
• Experience running / troubleshooting Windows Server
• Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvement.
• Passion for providing a great customer experience