Software Development Engineer
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Software Development EngineerCome join the AWS team deploying changes to one of the world's largest networks of devices.
As a developer in this Sydney-based team you will build systems that deploy safe changes to Amazon network devices many times a day. Your systems will ensure safety of changes at a massive scale. You will dive deep into Amazon's network architecture and closely work with many teams to understand Amazon's network configuration and management. You will use this knowledge to develop our software to solve challenging problems with a small energetic team in a fast paced environment.
Come help us build a state of the art system!
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
- You will handle the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritising, designing, building, and testing new features
- You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in Java & Python
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies
• A solid understanding of networking protocols including BGP, OSPF, and IS-IS is desired but not essential
• Experience developing predictive modelling, data mining, or machine learning systems
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team