- Competitive with bonus + benefits
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Epoch Capital
- 07 Sep 17
The Settlements Analyst works in the operations team across all areas of operations but with a primary focus on Over The Counter (OTC) trade lifecycle management for the Epoch Power Desk.
A little bit about us…
Epoch is one of Australia’s leading international proprietary trading firms with its headquarters based in Sydney CBD and expanding globally, also now in London. We have distinguished ourselves from our peers in the industry by maintaining world class technology in an innovative and collaborative team culture. Epoch’s culture of teamwork fosters an environment where new ideas are constantly shared, developed and implemented. Our team comprises a wide variety of talented professionals including traders, technology specialists, financial engineers and algorithmic developers.
What your main responsibilities will be…
- Ensuring that OTC trades booked into Epoch Risk match the trade details in the counterparty or broker trade confirmation;
- Issuing and countersigning ISDA trade confirmations with OTC counterparties;
- Reconciling, issuing and dealing with calls for collateral on OTC positions;
- Weekly invoicing on OTC electricity trades;
- Settlement of various OTC electricity trades;
- Development of procedures, processes and systems for all of the above.
These are the essential skills you need…
- 2-5 years experience in a settlement's role for OTC contracts;
- Confidence and knowledge to set up processes from a blank page;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong risk focus;
- Personable and easy to deal with.
If you also had these skills, it would be an added bonus…
- Australian electricity settlements experience;
- Basic knowledge of standard OTC trading documentation including ISDA Schedules and confirmations.
Ideally, you have the following qualifications and experience…
- Relevant degree in Business or Commerce, or similar