Service Support Owner - BFS Wealth
Service Support Owner - BFS WealthWe are on a journey to challenge the financial services industry and to become the No.1 Digital Bank in Australia. We are going through one of the biggest transformations having moved across to Enterprise Agile to ensure we can meet the ever changing needs of those we service as rapidly as possible.
An exciting opportunity has come up within the Central Service Operations team in BFS. We are looking to appoint a Service Support Owner on an initial 12month contract (due to maternity leave), aligned to the Wealth Management Channel, focusing on supporting production services across the Wealth Platform and working closely with Product Owners (PO), Scrum Masters (SM), key internal stakeholders and external institutional clients.
About the role:
You will with have a deep understanding of the Wealth Management business and/or Wrap Platforms with strong problem solving and technical skills, and prior experience in supporting mission critical Production services in a fast-paced operational environment.
In this role you will provide support with focus on maintaining the availability and stability of systems that provide Trading & Settlement, Portfolio Management, and Managed Fund capabilities within the Banking and Financial Service division. This role is a great opportunity for someone with the desire to continuously develop skills and expertise to help formulate and drive exceptional service and governance in a dynamic, rewarding and leading area of Service Operations.
- Responsible for ongoing support of Wealth Management systems, with focus on capabilities for Portfolio Management, Trading, and Managed Funds.
- Active participation in Product Increment Planning associated to Feature or Epic delivery with a key focus on Operational stability.
- Active participation in solution reviews and acceptance activities with business owners and delegates for changes to production services.
- Client-facing role - running formal update meetings with internal stakeholders on Service performance and operations.
- Facilitate weekly business stand-ups with key Wealth Product & Technology stakeholders and business support teams to review critical issues and help drive prioritisation of day to day activities.
- Communication of major incidents and problems to key stakeholders and good understanding of Service management processes.
- Be a point of escalation in ensuring that these are actioned in a timely manner.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
This role is not one for the faint hearted, it is fast paced, highly visible and key to our success across our wealth products & platform offering to our institutional clients. It requires knowledge of business processes and technology operations, with a strong foundational understanding of working with and managing external clients.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship skills, ability to work with people all levels
- Platform and/or IT Operational support experience
- Working knowledge in supporting IT infrastructure such as Unix, Databases (Oracle and Sybase) and ability to interrogate data using scripting and SQL will be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of end to end business processes.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to varied audiences
- Refined attention to detail and exceptional problem solving skills - ability to quickly understand complex issues.
- The ability to operate independently, to be proactive, and able to interact with stakeholders across all levels.
- Work effectively within local and distributed teams
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career within a rapidly growing business. If you meet the above requirements, please apply via the following link. Alternatively to find out more about the position and a confidential discussion, please contact Shaun O'Neill at email@example.com
Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS) comprises our retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients. BFS operates predominantly in Australia and is organised into three business divisions: Personal Banking, Wealth Management and Business Banking.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 08 Jun 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time