Our Client is a leading proprietary trading firm that is renowned for hiring some of the best technologists in the country to capture financial markets opportunities. They provide google style working conditions with the financial benefits of working in financial markets. Due to ongoing growth they require a senior, low level, Linux aligned DevOps Engineer with experience working on real-time, low latency trading systems.
Working in a boutique Infra / DevOps / System Performance team you will have a unique background and skills that you bring to the scrum. The group is responsible for keeping abreast of latest technological innovations and bringing them to bear in a highly automated environment with a view to maintaining high availability and performance of complex trading platforms and related systems.
Your remit will be to leverage your considerable experience and skills gained in engineering Linux based financial markets trading platforms along with a passion out automation and advanced scripting skills to ensure this complex technical environment is optimized for lightning fast performance and unshakable stability.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) Low level Linux Engineering skills.
- Extensive experience with high performance financial trading systems.
- Deep technical understanding – Kernel Level Performance Tuning.
- Deep Development experience – Python
- Advanced Automation experience: Puppet, Docker, SaltStack, Chef etc.
- Strong holistic understanding of technology and its relationships.
- An understanding of interconnected systems: Networks, Databases, Servers, Software.
- Innovative track record for technical problem solving.
- A strong passion for innovation and the latest technologies.
- An industry relevant degree or diploma.
This role would be suited for a low level Linux Engineer with extensive real time, low latency trading systems experience in heavily automated environments and advanced Python scripting skills.
#Linux #Automation #Docker #PowerShell #Python #Puppet #SaltStack #Trading Systems #Python #Nanosecond #Kernel #Networking #Connectivity #Performance