- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 23 Aug 17
Senior Full Stack Java Developer - Spring, Spring Boot
Senior Full Stack Java Developer - Spring, Spring BootForget what you know about Big Banks and how they do digital. We're a little different, we work like a small start up in a large organisation which is really great, because unlike some start ups we're fully funded to innovate and push digital boundaries.
We are a diverse team with backgrounds from across the world but we all have this in common - we love all things tech and changing customer experiences. We are doing great things which will revolutionise how our customers interact with us and our products.
With us you will be able to be a true digital trendsetter; we want your opinion to help us go from strength to strength. You'll be a part of a team that loves the work they do, and enjoys working with each other. In our digital team we love Agile and you will be a part of a collaborative team who work fast and are empowered to make decisions which result in the best product for our customers ... period.
- Deliver high quality software that is thoroughly tested and optimised
- Build software solutions from requirements when we have them, or help architect solutions if we don't.
- Provide maintenance and enhancements to the existing code base.
- Develop high level and detailed architectural designs
- Support our test team to build automated testing and delivery.
- Be able to work in a team, but also be efficient working autonomously
- Rapid learning and willingness to work with technologies and languages you are or are not familiar with
- Understanding of security policies and restrictions that apply to Tier One and creating solutions that comply with these rules
- Working within and across other teams / businesses to achieve common goals
You will be degree qualified in Computer Science or similar with proven background in modern web development and key contributor to transforming the way software is built.
Specific Technical Skills
- Extensive Full Stack Development Experience
- Extensive experience with Java, Spring, Spring Boot
- Able to contribute to the design and implementation of frameworks and their enhancements
- Design and implementation of REST services
- Experience working with Solution Architecture to arrive at the best outcome
- Experience using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with Atlassian tools and their application to Agile environments
- Testing experience, frontend, backend, integration and end to end
- Detailed knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- High performance code and performance tuning
- Knowledge of JMS / messaging, queues and topics
Extra Points for:
- Equally adept at conversing with Mobile and Web Teams (i.e. has mobile and web knowledge)
- Scaled Agile (SAFE) and/or Agile SDLC - enjoy high pace team environment with strong, self-driven, SDLC disciplines
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Experience working in an agile environment Eagerness to learn new technologies, tools and financial products (both taught within and pursued outside as a hobby)
- Strong problem solving skills
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 09 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time