Senior DevOps Engineer - Salesforce
Senior DevOps Engineer - SalesforceWe are seeking a full-time permanent Senior Dev Ops Engineer with strong Salesforce technical skills to join the BFS Central Service Operations team. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and improving service levels for a number of Salesforce instances & their related technologies, across different business channels within the Banking and Financial Services division. This role is a great opportunity for someone with the desire to develop their skills and expertise, and to help define and drive governance in a dynamic, rewarding and leading area of Dev Ops.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about delivering the best possible customer experience for the end-user and will be able to draw upon his/her previous technical experiences to drive efficiencies improvements and automation across all facets of operations. In addition, the individual must possess strong stakeholder management and communication skills as the role will require frequent interactions and service reporting with business stakeholders.
- Provision of quality production support across Salesforce environments (including ITIL-based daily application support, release and change management, risk and security governance)
- Work closely with aligned scrum teams in an Enterprise Agile environment and actively drive continuous improvement
- Transition and support of system enhancements and project development activities for BFS's Salesforce application including impact analysis, consultancy with other IT teams, management of application/environment change, in-line with Enterprise Agile methodologies
- Timely actioning and resolution of user requests and provision of functional support to business users
- Ensuring incident and problem management processes are applied consistently
- Ensuring effective communication with all stakeholders including business users and other IT teams within the Bank
- Defining, reviewing and improving operational processes, procedures, and documentation associated with the operation of these systems
- Engaging & developing relationships with business stakeholders to understand their key concerns and drivers and putting in-place processes and strategies to meet these
- Active mentoring and development of less experienced members within the team
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track-record of Salesforce application support/administration (development experience a desirable advantage). Solid SQL/SOQL & Config skills are a must, as well as experience in managing large data sets (extraction, transformation, loading).
- Possess sound technical experience and be able to apply this in a fast-paced working environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to take ownership & accountability for driving issue resolution.
- Excellent problem solving skills - ability to quickly understand complex business rules and trace issues across integrated systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Display strong customer service focus and the ability to deliver quality support
- The ability to operate independently, to be proactive, and able to interact with stakeholders across all levels (of both business & IT)
- Work effectively within local and distributed teams
- Flexibility to take on-call support and weekend work as required in an active support position
- Financial Services experience, including exposure to both Servicing and Sales & Marketing capabilities
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career within a rapidly growing business where technology is core to its success. If you are interested in the role please apply directly or contact Shaun O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 26 May 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time