Research Analyst - Industrial Materials
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 21 Aug 17
You'll be responsible for maintaining all stock and industry models, writing research, dealing with corporate relationships and interacting with internal and external clients. The environment is challenging and demanding, but exciting and dynamic in Australia's leading equities and research business.
- maintain an in-depth knowledge of key companies and their sectors
- prepare research analysis reports and advise on investment ideas as well as write thematic sector pieces
- develop and maintain regular communication with company management teams, clients and our internal sales teams
- engage in financial modelling, forecasting and financial statement analysis
- participate in client marketing activities.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Australian Equities Research business, which has consistently rated as Australia's leading team by institutional clients. The team comprises around 40 professionals providing thought provoking research on small to large companies, macro strategy, economics, and quantitative analysis across Australia and New Zealand. You'll join a team covering Industrial Materials.
Your experience and skills
- 3-5 years' experience in Equity Research, major accounting firm, or a finance/strategy role in the Industrial Materials sector (including chemicals, packaging, or building materials)
- proven ability to critically review and analyse industry data
- highly analytical, organized and able to multitask under tight time frames
- an excellent communicator, able to present recommendations and investment decisions persuasively
- competent in financial modelling, investment research, analysis and evaluation
- ideally possessing industry experience in Industrial Materials (including chemicals, plastics, or building materials).
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.