- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 28 Jun 17
As the QA Engineer
You will focus on ensuring we deliver a testable application. The team understands the testing requirements of each functional requirement and work closely with the team, ensuring testing is completed successfully.
Reporting to: Lead Developer /Software Delivery Manager
1. Deliver working solutions to our clients fortnightly.
2. Build an understanding of the product on a technical and functional level, understanding the context of our clients.
3. Participate in solution design, development and testing activities, delivering solutions that address the business needs of our clients.
4. Help deliver high quality, testable applications that can readily be changed and updated as product requirements evolve over time.
5. Deliver in an agile development environment using processes such as evolutionary design, test driven development, refactoring, continuous delivery etc.
6. Actively participate in the relevant scrum rituals within your team (planning, stand-up, demo, retrospective, backlog review etc).
7. Work with the business analyst and technical lead to understand project requirements. Identify requirement gaps, boundary cases and functional risks so that these can be addressed early in the process.
8. Evaluate and enhance available test data to be used throughout the software development life cycle.
9. Within the team, drive all phases of test execution and documentation including functional, regression, performance, usability, integration and acceptance testing.
10. Work closely with the developers in your team to ensure short feedback cycles.
11. Develop automated testing (unit, integration, scenario and UI) and participate in functional testing. And work closely with the rest of the team so that they do the same.
12. Contribute enhancements to the internal testing frameworks used.
- Bachelor degree in a computer science discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years' relevant experience in a commercial environment
- Strong coding and scripting skills.
- Significant hands on experience of test automation using tools such as Watir, Selenium etc.
- Experience working with SQL Server.
- Clear understanding of the tester's role in a development team, and the software engineer's roll in testing. And an ability to influence the way software engineers approach testing.
- Sound analytical, design and problem solving skills.
- A high degree of numeracy and a capacity for complex concepts.
- A positive, proactive and professional attitude.
- A team player, who can also work independently under minimum supervision.
- Able to communicate technical concepts concisely and effectively.
- Able to maintain a focus on excellence.
- Possesses the desire to increase knowledge and skills when circumstances call for additional learning.
- Exposure to Ruby and C#.
- Experience working in an agile team.
- Corporate treasury (deal capture and processing, back office, FX risk, interest rate risk, cash flow risk, accounting, hedge accounting etc).
- Payment processing.
- Bank communication.
- Treasury applications.
- Exposure to SVN, Jenkins, Crystal Reports and Oracle.
- Experience in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with the agile development process and developing code in alignment with coding standards and business processes.
- Experience with object orientated, service oriented architecture and domain driven design in the design and development of applications.
- Experience with the Microsoft IDE.