Professional Services Consultant - Database Specialist
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Professional Services Consultant - Database SpecialistWould you like a career that gives you opportunities to help businesses use cloud computing web services to do big, new things faster, at lower cost? Do you have a passion to work in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology? Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical Architecture Consultants to collaborate with our customers on key engagements to leverage the capabilities of the AWS platform while also helping our partners develop technical expertise and capacity.
We are looking for a consultant with specialist database knowledge, across multiple database technologies, to focus on helping customers and partners implement effective and appropriate database technology in the AWS platform, migrate between database technologies and architect solutions using the newest data services to help customers gain insights into their data.
Professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing, big data, archiving and disaster recovery across commercial, education and government customers. Our Professional services consultants provide:
• Expertise - Effectively enable partners and customers on leveraging AWS platform services to meet their business needs. Ability to blend existing SME knowledge on relational and NoSQL technologies with new emerging technologies is essential. Provide expertise on core AWS AWS platform services, such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span on-premises and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Collaborate - Work with AWS field business development, marketing, training, support teams and AWS engineering teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
• Deep experience of at least 2-3 of the following: Oracle, Microsoft, MySQL, PostgreSQL technologies
• Customer-facing skills to represent AWS within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience of commercial and open-source database services, both relational and NoSQL
• Experience of NoSQL database technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, Neo4J, Amazon DynamoDB etc.
• Prior experience as a DBA
• General core infrastructure services knowledge around compute, storage and networking
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, PCI, HIPPA etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
• Experience with enterprise software technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience of Big Data technologies
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
• Masters degree in Computer Science
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies is desirable