Fund Accountant Supervisor
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 25 Sep 16
Fund Accountant Supervisor
About the role
The Fund Accounting team is part of the Operations Division and is responsible for the fund accounting function for over 600 portfolios, ranging from Australian Unit Trusts to Cayman and Luxembourg domiciled vehicles.
On a daily / monthly basis you will be responsible for the review of the Net Asset Value of a group of unlisted equity, fixed interest and structured products in accordance with the group procedures, reviewing banking cash flows and acting as a contact point for the Investment Managers who have queries regarding the fund performance. You will also be responsible for:
- monthly reporting for external clients;
- fee calculations and payments;
- quarterly tax calculations and income distributions;
- annual investor tax statement process; and
- ad-hoc queries from asset managers, clients and custodians.
You will be confident in your communication and have the ability to represent the team in dealings with clients, internal and external to Macquarie. You're a proactive individual who will not only follow the procedures but will actively contribute to the development of the internal control environment and the efficiency of the group. You will also have:
- strong numerical ability and high attention to detail;
- the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- the ability to think laterally and problem solve;
- finance/Accounting degree with solid academic results
- Prior experience in a review function within a unit pricing environment
If you are interested in the role please follow the links to submit your application, for a confidential discussion please contact Charlotte Wheeldon on 02 8232 9851.
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM; formerly known as Macquarie Funds Group) is a full-service asset manager, offering a diverse range of products including securities investment management, infrastructure and real asset management, and fund and equity-based structured products.
MAM comprises the following three divisions:
• Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
• Macquarie Investment Management
• Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 19 Sep 2016 Aus. Eastern Standard Time