Executive Lead - Cyber Security Architecture
- Very Competitive + Bonus
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- The Decipher Bureau
- 20 Sep 16
Executive role within a large major organisation looking for an Architecture Lead to run Cyber Security Architecture Programs and lead a team of architects. Sydney CBD based working for an outstanding business investing heavily in their Cyber Security division.
This role sits at Senior/Executive level within a large organisation requiring a well rounded Architect Lead with a strong background in Cyber Security. It is part of the fastest growing arm of the business and reports into the GM of Cyber Security Architecture.
This role is mainly responsible for Cyber Security architecture programs at a high level providing expertise across all programs being rolled out within their cyber practise. It also provides leadership to a team of security enterprise architects. There is a lot of stakeholder management and requires a very knowledgable architect who is an SME in cyber to act as an advisor to the rest of the business where applicable.
This is a management role as well as an archtect role. The Cyber Security Domain Architecture team, which this person will be running, creates and maintains the Groups' platform, reference, and security enterprise architectures.The Business Unit Cyber Architecture team provides security architecture contributions to enable business units to achieve their strategic outcomes. Additionally, the team provides security leadership and expertise through direct interaction with business stakeholders to enable innovation to the Group and its customers.
Overall responsibility for the cyber security domain architecture practice and the programs being delivered from that practise including the development and maintenance of operating procedures for complete coverage across all cyber security initiatives. It is also responsible for shaping the future of cyber security enterprise and reference architecture. Performing line management of a team of security enterprise architects and cyber security policy and standards specialists.
- Manage and run the cyber security domain architecture practice. This practice creates and maintains all cyber security enterprise architecture, reference architecture, and pattern documents, as well as Cyber Security policies/standards
- Take overall accountability for enterprise and reference architectures related to cyber security
- Represent and support the broader cyber security architectural team
- Perform line management of a team of enterprise architects and other specialists
- Act as an escalation, advice, and decision making point for enterprise architects and policy and standards specialists
- Monitor emerging technologies, industry developments, directions, and best practices in the security field.
- Solid Security Architecture experience in large environments at Enterprise Level
- Experience in delivering large cyber programs of from an architecture persepctive
- Extensive experience iin managing teams or technical experts
- Cyber security specialisation ideally in a banking or financial services
- Understanding of architecture frameworks and policies in large businesses
- Strong evidence of delivering in large environments having managed multiple stakeholder relationships
- Understanding of cyber security enterprise architecture
- Superb executive communication & presentation
- Bachelors and/or masters level qualifications in Management, Computer Science, IT, business or Financial Services
- Relevant industry certifications, including but not limited to those issued by SABSA, CISSP, CISM or SANS.
Participation in relevant cyber security industry forums is highly desirable; relevant forums include InterBank, RMA, AusCERT, Ruxcon & Kiwicon