- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Aug 17
Employee Relations Consultant - Sydney
Employee Relations Consultant - SydneyWe are seeking an experienced Employee Relations (ER) Consultant to join the Sydney ER team. You will provide advice and support to specific business groups with respect to relevant employment legislation, HR practices, project work and delivery of key HR transactions. Key to this role will be establishing and maintaining a successful network of internal and external client relationships.
Reporting to a Senior ER Consultant, this role supports senior management and professional employees across Australia and NZ. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising management with respect to relevant HR practices and employment risks.
- Providing specialist advice on practical people management and employment related issues (e.g. restructuring, performance management).
- Interpreting and implementing HR policies in line with Macquarie's policies and risk management framework.
- Performing investigatory work relating to internal complaints and disciplinary issues.
- Providing training and coaching to line managers.
- Working collaboratively with the WH&S team to manage employee health related issues.
- Reporting and trend analysis on internal ER cases.
We ask that you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in either HR/ER/IR or employment law
- Experience working within an internal Human Resources function providing consultative advice to stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with financial services companies is highly desirable
- Multi-jurisdictional or international experience would be an advantage
- Practical knowledge of federal and state employment laws is essential
You will also possess the following:
- Ability to partner, influence and build rapport
- Initiative, solutions focused with a strong service/client orientation
- Ability to show good judgement to balance commerciality with risk management
- Flexibility in style and approach to assist the business to achieve their strategy
- Sensitivity and diplomacy
- Ability to gain credibility and trust with all levels of employees including senior management
- Ability to deal with deadlines and time pressure
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you, please submit an application online or contact Sara Payne on (02) 8232 6445 for a confidential discussion.
The ANZ Regional HR team within the Macquarie Group works to provide high quality, agile and scalable HR services to all business units across ANZ. Our Employee Relations team provides comprehensive legal and strategic employee relations advice and support to Macquarie's businesses in ANZ including:
- Advising management and employees on employment related matters
- Negotiation of employment documentation for new hires
- Litigation and legal risk management
- Transactional Employee Relations services direct to business management such as performance management, terminations, restructures, mergers & acquisitions, policy advice
- Compliance and employment policy research and drafting
- Management of Macquarie-sponsored visa applications
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 25 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time