- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 17
Associate Analyst 3, Corporate Finance
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AustraliaThe Associate Analyst role within Corporate Finance is primarily responsible providing support to Senior Analysts to facilitate the monitoring of existing ratings and the assignment of new ratings for rated issuers.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Monitor Issuers for any market and corporate developments that may impact ratings
• Undertaking fundamental research to support Senior Analysts in the rating process
• Preparing financial spreadsheets and undertaking financial modelling
• Producing analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information for analysts
• Contributing to the writing of in-depth reports and publications
• Preparing materials for speeches, conferences and briefings
• Undertake special projects as requested
• Attending issuer meetings
Ratings & Research Support
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Engineering or a mathematical related discipline.
- At least 1 year of Accounting / Audit experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm
- Good knowledge of Accounting
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and be results focused with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.