- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Advisory ConsultantAre you a Technology Leader that can transform how an Enterprise uses the Cloud?
Can you work equally well with executives and technologists?
Does leading highly visible, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep appeal to you?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring enterprise IT Leaders to work with our top-tier global 1,000 customers and their partners in transforming their enterprise IT landscapes. Our transformation experts engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective hybrid cloud infrastructures, create transition plans and develop business cases to justify the programs. Our engagements include projects covering thousands of applications across tens of thousands of servers and involve developing a shared vision, leading the customer through the challenges of cloud adoption, demonstrating the reality of the vision and then enabling them to achieve full operational integration.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies.
• Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
• Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
• Architecting hybrid AWS and on premise solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
• Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
• Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration.
• Generating AWS migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
• Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute migration plans.
• Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams.
• A Bachelors degree; Masters/MBA degree preferred.
• 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
• Previous advisory consulting experience, ideally within a management consultancy where you were focused on building a trusted relationship with senior client stakeholders, influencing corporate strategy, and building supporting artefacts (e.g., business cases, roadmaps)
• Able to travel to client locations as needed, often on short notice. Estimated 25-50% travel requirement within the region.
• Experience with cloud computing programs of work
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures
• A proven track records of successfully managed delivery of programs of work focused on digital and IT transformation
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001