Infrastructure Support Engineer
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Infrastructure Support EngineerAmazon Global Security Operations (GSO) is looking for an experienced Support Engineer to provide application and infrastructure support for the GSO Security Integrations Group. The right individual will work with a global support organization to manage and scale the infrastructure that supports Amazon Operations' physical security systems, including: access control, CCTV, visitor management, and incident management systems.
We are looking for an engineer who is an expert in IT infrastructure technologies with a focus on Microsoft Windows Server and Amazon Web Services. You will have experience solving problems through scripting and a proven ability to learn new technologies quickly. As an Infrastructure Support Engineer you will help maintain the current global infrastructure, support capacity planning initiatives, and provide on-call technical support.
You must be comfortable taking initiative, operating at a global scale, and working across teams in an agile environment. Our engineers are level-headed, top-notch performers who demonstrate composure, love working as a team, and proactively take the lead whenever necessary.
• A degree in Computer Science or a related field, relevant certifications, or 4+ years relevant work experience.
• Experience supporting server infrastructure running Microsoft operating system.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Proven ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Perl or PowerShell.
• Experience perform SQL queries.
• Experience managing infrastructure running on Amazon Web Services.
• Experience working with Physical Access Control Systems (e.g., Lenel, Honeywell, AMAG, etc.).
• Experience supporting Linux based infrastructures
• Ability to create and modify web applications with Java, Ruby, or Python.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation