Consultants and Senior Consultants - PP&E
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Part time
- KPMG Australia
- 19 Sep 17
See job description for details
- KPMG's Government Advisory team is hiring in Melbourne
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Want to make a real difference to communities? We already are
KPMG's Policy Program and Evaluation (PP&E) practice in Melbourne is looking for exceptional candidates at the consultant and senior consultant level. Working in PP&E is a great way to contribute to our community. We provide challenging work opportunities across a range of government and non-government clients, assisting them to achieve tangible and lasting change that supports our community.
We work with clients across all areas of public policy, including education; health ageing and human services; justice; transport and infrastructure; agriculture; environment; and central agencies. It's important work that affects the lives of many Australians.
The projects we undertake include:
- Strategic advice on policy, structural and governance reform
- Policy and system reviews
- Program evaluations
- Advice on operational improvement and demand management
- Business case and feasibility studies
- Development of cost and economic models
You will work across a variety of projects so you must enjoy stepping outside your comfort zone. Your ongoing responsibilities as a part of the team will include:
- Supporting a variety of exciting and dynamic engagements including, undertaking system and policy reviews, and advising on strategies to achieve policy objectives
- Developing strong relationships with clients and maintaining relationships after engagements are completed
- Supporting teams on client delivery and engagements
- Demonstrated experience in a public policy environment, including, but not limited to, the policy areas outlined above
- Strong interest in and commitment to continuing to develop your skills in these areas
- Proven track record in contributing to and delivering projects successfully
- Strong communications skills with demonstrated business writing and presentation skills
- Stakeholder engagement and management skills including interviews, workshops, and presentations
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship.
We also believe that we play a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and economic policy issues; and we use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Advertised: 05 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 22 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time