Business Intelligence Analyst
- 90K-100K package
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
A key contributor to our transformation program. Dynamic and progressive financial institution with a determined focus on member service excellence.
• Organisation-wide impact
• Advisor to executive team
• Total Remuneration $90k - $100k
Every hero needs their sidekick, and at QBANK, we’ve been helping Queensland’s Everyday Heroes with their financial needs for more than 50 years.
Owned by over 25,000 members in the Queensland Police, Fire and Emergency Services, Health and Public Service sector, QBANK’s focus is on understanding our members’ unique needs and providing them with exceptional personal service and value.
As a niche financial services provider, QBANK is the ideal place for someone who wants to make a difference. By joining us, you will become part of the QBANK family that takes ownership of its work and always strives for excellence.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the role is responsible for the design, development and delivery of reporting and analytics applications, undertaking analysis and modelling of data, and presenting strategic customer and business insights.
The position holder will work proactively across teams and at different levels in the organisation, including with the executive team, in order to evaluate business requirements and advise on reporting and dashboard solutions. To view the full position description please click on https://www.qbank.com.au/about-us/careers
You will be technically savvy with the ability to plunge into data sets and software programs as well as being a strong communicator and collaborator who can deliver business insights that support decision making.
You will hold a university qualification in computer science, business, mathematics, or related discipline and have at least 5 years business analysis experience, with demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, modelling and options analysis.
Experience working in the Finance industry would be a plus in addition to the following:
- Sound understanding of process analysis, modelling, mapping and technology solutions, including internet and mobile technologies, applications, networks and databases
- Knowledge of Cognos BI tools and Cognos TM1
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server or related SQL compliant databases
- Data modelling and data warehousing experience
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into technical specifications
- High level communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong stakeholder management ability, including capacity to communicate with senior executives.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, along with a covering letter briefly addressing the requirements section noted in the position description via the apply button below.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Closing date for applications: 4.00pm, Friday 23 September 2016.
No agencies please.