Business Analyst (Technical)
- To be discussed
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
We currently have a 12 month fixed term opportunity for a Business Analyst to join QIC’s Operations and Technology team in Brisbane. In this role you will be responsible for facilitating and supporting the business in the design/remediation of business processes.
With your broad skill set and preferably an understanding of financial services environments, your primary objective will be to help businesses implement solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project/program and communicating them clearly to key stakeholders. In addition the role will require the use of structured improvement approaches to identify opportunities to improve existing processes, ensuring that the associated risks have been considered.
Specifically your focus will be to support business analysis activities such as interviewing, requirements gathering, stakeholder mapping, data modelling, benefit identification, scenario and use case planning, etc.
The key accountabilities are not limited to but include:
- Work collaboratively within project teams to deliver business case and project outputs whilst adhering to QIC methodologies.
- Provide realistic and accurate estimates as well as develop, communicate and monitor progress of business analysis tasks in supporting project plans.
- Work with business units to clarify user requirements and create business requirement documents, functional specifications (in conjunction with Technology), detailed business specifications and system documentation from scratch.
- Identify requirements via standard analysis techniques such as data flow modelling, business process modelling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
- Solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, and existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Assist and as required lead the detailing of process maps (both As Is and To Be) and process design throughout the support functions of the business, including designing process structures/hierarchy to support consistency across QIC.
- Assist with the creation of operational procedures
- Assist with application dependency mapping and logical groupings to assist with applications migration
- Assist with defining DR requirements (RTO/RPOs) and document new procedures
- Create Support Models/Operation Guides and coordinate knowledge transfer session with the IT Operations teams
- Provide guidance and clarification to team members responsible for delivering and testing required changes, where necessary translating and simplifying requirements.
- Communicate and articulate business requirements with internal and external stakeholders (vendors and service providers) and support creation of test scenarios / cases, and testing.
- Use business requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and assist the management of project scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Create and maintain the partnership between business users and the solution delivery teams and interact and communicate effectively at all levels.
The ideal candidate
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary education in a business or technical related discipline.
- Solid working knowledge of relevant technology concepts – specifically cloud technologies
- Solid understanding of SDLC and project management processes and best practices
- Ability to utilise business requirement content to inform system design, system and/or process documentation and testing artefacts.
- Process driven analysis skills and a background in various requirements elicitation methods and modelling techniques with proven experience at driving consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships.
- Expertise in the delivery of complex operational change within tight timeframes and budgets, with a focus on increasing operational and process efficiencies leading to improved service and client outcomes.
- Demonstrated involvement in end-to-end change (stakeholder communication, business analysis, development, testing, implementation and handover).
- Proven experience in analytical thinking and problem solving to support effective identification of business problems, assessment of proposed solutions to those problems, and understanding of the needs of stakeholders.
- Leadership and proven capabilities in influencing decision making and in assisting others to make commercial decisions via ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and support business case development.
- Aptitude for solving qualitative and quantitative problems – ability to deal with ambiguity
- Fluent in computer applications (MS Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
QIC Limited (QIC) is a leading global alternatives investment provider for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors. QIC delivers services to over 90 like-minded institutional investors in Australia and internationally with more than A$78.8 billion (31 December 2015) in funds under management.
Spanning fixed interest and liquid strategies, infrastructure, real estate, private equity and multi-asset solutions, QIC adapts its approach to suit the investor and the investment context.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation – one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.
Please click on 'Apply' above and follow the application process. Applications close COB 21 September 2016.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
Follow QIC on LinkedIn to receive the latest industry news and job updated at https://www.linkedin.com/company/qic